- Summit County OPC
- Breckenridge, CO, USA
- $13/hr vs. Commission
Job Title: Summit County OPC (Off Premise Contact)
Division/Dept: Sales / OPC
Reports To: Manager of Summit County OPC
FLSA Status: Exempt – Commission Vs Hourly
WC Code: 9012
EEO Code: Sales Worker
SUMMARY: This is an off premise position, at Summit County locations, whose primary duty is booking sales presentations. This position establishes rapport with mountain guests, identifies qualified tour prospects and books sales tours for Breckenridge Grand Vacations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
• Generate sales tours with qualified, potential buyers visiting Summit County
• Book tours into available tour times according to the daily manifest, ensuring even distribution.
• Follow the rules and procedures, outlined in the OPC manual.
• Complete a company approved preview invitation with the potential buyer, obtaining their information and verifying that they agree to company qualifications.
• Phone in all booked tours documents to the company administrative department, in a timely manner.
• Complete, track and submit all necessary paperwork for promotional incentives given to each guest or owner.
• Be accountable for the tour and revenue budgets at each kiosk as well as individual performance in regards to bookings.
• Keep work area clean and stocked with appropriate materials (tour invitations, jackets, credibility pieces, pitch books, giveaways and swag).
• Set up booths on location, which includes but is not limited to location specific trade show booths, 10x10 event tents, tables and event banners.
• Be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
• Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Core Standards and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures:
• Be the "End of the Line" and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
• Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request always giving consideration to what the potential buyer, guest or owner deems appropriate.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with potential buyers, guests, owners and co-workers, always being helpful and courteous.
• Dress professionally, wear name badge and adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
• Attend and participate in training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participate in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes. Be sales and goal oriented * Establish rapport easily and put people at ease * Demonstrate strong listening skills * Recognize and respond to subtle verbal, non-verbal and behavioral cues * Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Exhibit an outgoing personality * Be self motivated * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Give and receive feedback and ask for clarification when necessary * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner * Accept valid suggestions for performance improvement * Deal well with rejection * Stay informed on the Company, ski resort and town developments and communicate to others when necessary * Strive to develop skills, sharing expertise with others *Demonstrate basic data entry skills * Use equipment and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience or combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Ability to operate office machines (copier, fax, scanner, phone, and calculator). Basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs (outlook, word, excel). Ability to operate a personal computer and accurately record time worked, in the correct department, using the Company time keeping system.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English. Ability to read and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence and routine reports. Ability to speak effectively and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to potential owners and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
WORK AREA REGULATIONS: Employees going to or returning from work may only walk to and from the designated on mountain work location. Appropriate winter footwear and/or traction equipment must be used. Skiing must be done outside of work hours and not on the way to or from shifts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Stand for particularly long periods of time over 2/3 of the time.
• Speak and listen to potential tour prospects and co-workers in person and over the phone over 2/3 of the time.
• Walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl under 1/3 of the time.
• Use hands and fingers to handle, feel or grasp and reach with hands or arms under 1/3 of the time.
• Perform repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and fingers under 1/3 of the time.
• Push against something, with force, using upper extremities to thrust forward, downward or outward under 1/3 of the time.
• Pull using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion under 1/3 of the time.
• Ability to lift between 10 and 50 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
• Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
• Severe outdoor weather conditions such as sun, ice, snow, sleet, hail, wind, dust, rain and humidity over 2/3 of the time.
• Busy public ski access areas both indoors and outdoors.
• Pets and pet dander in and around the pet friendly resort; occasional service animals.
• Moderate noise.