- Summit County OPC
- Breckenridge, CO, USA
- Seasonal - Full Time
Job Title: Resort Promoter
Reports To: OPC Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
WC Code: 9012
EEO Code: Administrative Support Workers
SUMMARY: This position works in Summit County, greeting all visitors and guests and identifying tour prospects for Breckenridge Grand Vacations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
- Engage with guests at indoor and outdoor locations by talking about promotional offers
- Encourage guests to speak with a Summit County OPC to book a sales preview tour of a Breckenridge Grand Vacations properties.
- Use selective prospecting to ensure the client meets company qualifications for promotional packages.
- Find creative ways to increase tour generation.
- Complete administrative duties, including but not limited to stocking supplies.
- Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Core Standards and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
- Be the "End of the Line" and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
- Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request always giving consideration to what the guest or owner deems appropriate.
- Respond promptly to all email and voicemail correspondence.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all contacts, always being helpful and courteous.
- Adhere to Company appearance standards at all times; dress professionally and wear name badge when required.
- Attend and participate in company training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participate in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Maintain positive working relationship with guests and co-workers * Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Stay informed on the company, property ski resort and town developments and communicate to others when necessary * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging * Give and receive feedback and ask for clarification when necessary * Support the team's effort to succeed by giving and welcoming feedback, building morale and contributing a positive team spirit * Be empowered to make grand vacations * Treat people with respect and consideration * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Use equipment and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Ability to operate a personal computer and accurately record time worked, in the correct department, using the Company time keeping system. Can operate office machines (copies, fax, scanner, phone, and calculator) and entry level MS Office skills.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand for particularly long periods of time, walk, and talk on the phone over 2/3 of the time.
- Sit, operate a keyboard, reach with hands or arms, stoop, knee, crouch or crawl; climb or balance and repetitive motion of the wrist, hand and or fingers under 1/3 of the time.
- Exert force on or lift up to 25 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
- Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
- Outdoor weather conditions: sun, ice, snow, wind, dust, rain, humidity.
- Extreme cold, below 32 degrees for periods of more than 1 hour over 2/3 of the time.
- Office or administrative environment, not exposed to adverse environmental conditions under 1/3 of the time.
- Pets and pet dander in and around the pet friendly resort.
- Moderate noise