- Gold Point Housekeeping
- Breckenridge, CO, USA
- Part Time
Part Time Benefit Package
Job Title: Room Quality Supervisor
Division/Dept: GP Resort Operations / Housekeeping
Reports To: Housekeeping Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
WC Code: 9015
EEO Code: Service Worker
SUMMARY: This position ensures the highest level of overall room quality by performing condo inspections prior to guest & owner arrivals. Additionally, this position inspects all common areas, replaces inventory, reinforces policies & procedures, assists with staff training & feedback, delegates housekeeping & engineering tasks & keeps staff accountable. This position also handles the tracking of staff performance, engineering issues & replacement inventory as well as assists with schedules & performance improvement strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
- Attend daily staff meetings to receive daily work assignments and communicate pertinent information.
- Inspect condos using task checklist and perform the following functions within the time standard:
- Maintain, replace and track kitchen and engineering inventory.
- Ensure all condos are clean, stocked, in working order and in resort ready condition.
- Determine condos in need of additional cleaning, repairs and touch up painting. Ensure tasks get completed thoroughly, efficiently and effectively. Complete touch up painting and re-staining as needed.
- Use discretion, depending on the time of day, to either assign re-dos or accept responsibility to complete tasks.
- Ensure all condos are properly locked off for arriving guests.
- Request assistance from engineering with tasks such as appliance and blind repairs, advanced climate control and mechanical issues and any issue requiring specific certifications or exuberant time to resolve.
- Inform the Front Desk when rooms are approved for owner/guest check-in, no later than 4pm.
- Assist with the training, retaining, developing, scheduling and reviewing of the housekeeping staff.
- Assist with staff training to ensure training is thorough and occurring on a regular basis.
- Ensure all housekeeping staff is knowledgeable and trained in the proper use of all cleaning products and equipment.
- Assist with the daily preparation of schedules and update as necessary. Collect and submit daily checklists.
- Delegate, supervise and check the work of all housekeeping employees, ensuring a high level of quality and productivity.
- Work with staff to resolve problems and address any requests and inquiries that may arise.
- Coach employees in ways to improve their performances and develop goals.
- Establish, communicate and reinforce Company policies, procedures and standards with the Housekeeping staff.
- Monitor staff performance regularly. Oversee performance tracking systems to ensure job performance accountability.
- Keep accurate records of all staff performance issues, keeping management informed.
- Provide accurate feedback to staff involved in weekly guest comments and satisfaction scores.
- Assist the Housekeeping Manager with the day to day operations. Open the office as needed.
- Assist with daily staff meetings. Distribute daily work assignments. Communicate pertinent information.
- Assist with monthly inventory counts and maintaining par levels of inventory.
- Input all engineering issues into Company software to ensure proper reporting and accountability.
- Maintain the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) manuals in Spanish and English and enforce correct chemical labeling and dispensing.
- Assist with executing room moves, special cleans and guest and owner requests.
- Ensure all housekeeping storage areas, bags and carts are stocked and organized before the start of each housekeeping shift.
- Refill all chemical bottles using the proper dilution system and ensure they are properly labeled per OSHA regulation.
- Maintain and manage various projects. Be proactive in the design and implementation of systems to complete the project.
- Perform snow and ice removal, by shoveling and/or plowing, to ensure safe conditions throughout the property.
- Keep the garages, parking areas and grounds clean and free of litter and dog waste.
- Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Culture and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
- Be the "End of the Line" and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
- Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request always giving consideration to what the guest or owner deems appropriate.
- Strive to close the loop (alleviate or eliminate issues) on any situations that cannot be fully resolved.
- Respond promptly to all email and voicemail correspondence.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all contacts, always being helpful and courteous.
- Wear proper uniform and name badge and adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
- Attend and participate in company-wide training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
- Assist with luggage and deliveries.
- Assist with trash compost and recycling removal, from common areas, throughout the day. Inspect all common areas.
- Perform all duties of the housekeeper and houseperson positions as necessary. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participating in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
- Operate utility task vehicle (UTV) safety and as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Effectively multitask, guide and interact with multiple people, personalities, projects and tasks to ensure deadlines and goals are met * Develop, coordinate and clearly communicate training with consistency * Exhibit strong communication skills * Be aware of coaching opportunities * Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Be empowered to make GRAND vacations * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging * Strive to develop knowledge and skills, sharing expertise with others * Strive to meet exemplary cleanliness and engineering scores * Communicate change effectively while monitoring transition and evaluating results * Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of all computer programs, software and knowledge applicable to the position * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Ask for help and offer help when needed * Give appropriate performance feedback and recognition of staff * Be available to staff * Communicate professionally over the radio * Exhibit vision, confidence, passion and optimism in self and others and inspire respect and trust * Stay informed on the company and home property and communicate information to others * Set example for staff on how to create, maintain and evolve a high level of customer service * Support the team's effort to succeed by giving and welcoming feedback, building morale and contributing to a positive and harmonious team spirit * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner * Ensure equipment and materials are used properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one-year related experience and/or training or combination of education and experience. Understanding of how to use basic hand tools, ability to change a light bulb, touch up paint, stain, etc.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Entry level knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel). Ability to operate basic office equipment such as a copier, fax, scanner, SMART phone/mobile device, office phone and calculator. Ability to type by looking at the keyboard, operate a personal computer and accurately record time worked, in the correct department, using the Company time keeping system. Ability to utilize appropriate programs using a mobile device.
LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE: One-year previous leadership experience preferred.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English. Ability to read and interpret simple instructions, business correspondence and memos. Ability to write short correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before guests, owners and other employees of the organization. Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in Spanish preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl over 2/3 of the time.
- Lift up to 30 pounds over 2/3 of the time.
- Lift up to 70 pounds between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Speak and listen to guests and co-workers over the radio and in person between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Perform repetitive motions of the arms (elbows, wrists, hands and fingers) between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Reach with arms between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Use hands and fingers to touch, handle, feel or grasp between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Push with steady force, using upper extremities, to thrust forward, downward or outward between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Pull using upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Navigate a wheeled cart weighing up to 65 pounds between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Sit at a computer terminal, while inputting daily data, between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
- High altitude, high alpine and mountainous environment all of the time.
- Outdoor weather conditions such as sun, ice, snow, wind, dust, rain and humidity between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Fumes or airborne particles between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Close proximity to moving vehicles in the parking lot and/or garages under 1/3 of the time.
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather) under 1/3 of the time.
- Close quarters that could cause claustrophobia under 1/3 of the time.
- Pets and pet dander in and around the pet friendly resort.
- Moderate noise.