- Refresh Spa at Grand Timber Lodge
- Breckenridge, CO, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Full Time Benefits Package
Job Title: Massage Therapist
Division/Dept: Grand Timber Lodge – Resort Operations / Refresh Spa
Reports To: Spa Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt – Hourly Vs Flat Rate
WC Code: 9063
EEO Code: 9, Service Workers
SUMMARY: This position provides professional high quality massages and body treatments to guests of the Refresh Spa.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
• Complete consultations with spa guests to determine massage and body treatment needs.
• Promote the spa treatments, services, sessions and retail items as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
• Discuss, recommend and sell spa products to spa guests.
• Provide consistent professional massages and body treatments in accordance with Refresh Spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
• Sanitize work station after every spa guest, stock assigned workspace and participate in general office and spa cleaning.
• Complete administrative duties such as recording spa guest names, dates, services performed and massage and body treatment preferences.
• Ensure that used linens and trash are bagged and placed in appropriate areas.
• Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Core Standards and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
• Be the "End of the Line" and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
• Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request always giving consideration to what the guest or owner deems appropriate.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all contacts, always being helpful and courteous.
• Wear proper uniform and name badge and adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
• Attend and participate in training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
• Assist with the training of new Massage Therapists as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participating in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty to the Spa Manager and spa guest's satisfaction. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES / EXPERIENCE: Must have a Certificate of Completion in Massage Therapy from an accredited Massage Therapy School in the US as well as an active Massage Therapist License issued by the State of Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA), Division of Professions and Occupations. Six months to one year upscale spa experience preferred.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of all spa products and services applicable to the position * Demonstrate strong listening skills and possess the ability to receive all types of customer feedback * Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Be empowered to make GRAND vacations * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Give and receive feedback and ask for clarification when necessary * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging with spa guests * Support the team's effort to succeed by giving and welcoming feedback, building morale and contributing to a positive team spirit * Stay informed on the company, home department, ski resort and town developments and communicate to others when necessary * Strive to build knowledge and skills, sharing expertise with others * Use equipment and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Ability to operate a personal computer to check work email and accurately record time worked, in the correct department, using the Company time keeping system.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English. Ability to read and interpret business correspondence, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write business correspondence and speak effectively before spa guests, outside vendors, other employees of the organization and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commission and percentages.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule forms.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Stand for particularly long periods of time, using the body to apply pressure, during therapy sessions, over 2/3 of the time.
• Use hands and fingers to handle, feel or grasp and reach with hands and arms over 2/3 of the time.
• Speak and listen to spa guests and co-workers over 2/3 of the time.
• Perform repetitive motions of the shoulders, arms, elbows, wrists, hands or fingers over 2/3 of the time.
• Push against something, with force, using upper extremities to thrust forward, downward or outward over 2/3 of the time.
• Pull using upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion under 1/3 of the time.
• Walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl under 1/3 of the time.
• Sit at a computer terminal under 1/3 of the time to check work email account.
• Lift between 10 – 25 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
• Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
• Spa, office and administrative environment over 2/3 of the time.
• Humid conditions (non-weather), and fumes from aromatherapy oils and body scrubs over 2/3 of the time.
• Toxic or caustic chemicals between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
• Pets and pet dander when in contact with pet friendly locations around the company; occasional service animals.
• Moderate noise.