- Front Range Marketing
- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
Full Time Benefits Package
Job Title: Event Setup Associate
Division/Dept: Marketing / Front Range
Reports To: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt – Hourly Position
WC Code: 9012
EEO Code: Craft Workers
SUMMARY: This position assists the Logistics Coordinator with the set up and break down of the physical display required at an event or partnership opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
• Assist with all aspects of the physical display set up including delivery, proper set up, safety of all equipment and staff, assurance of proper placement and proper breakdown and storage always following established procedures and processes.
• Work closely with the office management team and the Logistics Coordinator to assist them with the overall success of events and organization of warehouse operations.
• Assist with all of the onsite display components including setting up and securing tents, hanging banners, running power cables, cleaning up the site and constructing the data collection kiosk stations.
• Follow up on items sent out to events to ensure they are also returned.
• Monitor and maintain sufficient supply levels and communicate to the Logistics Coordinate when materials and equipment need to be ordered.
• Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Core Standards and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
• Be the "End of the Line" and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
• Respond promptly to all email and voicemail correspondence.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with the Logistics Coordinator, Event Coordinators and other employees of the organization as well as vendors, partners and sponsors, always being helpful and courteous.
• Adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
• Attend and participate in training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participate in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Visualize and initiate creative solutions * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Anticipate operational needs * Give and receive feedback and ask for clarification when necessary * Use feedback to modify designs * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner * Support the team's effort to succeed by giving and welcoming feedback, building morale and contributing a positive team spirit * Stay informed on company developments and marketing events and communicate to others when necessary * Strive to develop skills, sharing expertise with others * Use equipment and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), one to three months related experience and/or training or combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Ability to operate a personal computer, check and respond to email and accurately record time worked in the correct department using the Company time keeping system.
CERTIFICATIONS and/or LICENSES: Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read and interpret in English simple instructions, business correspondence, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before other employees of the organization and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables where only limited standardization exists.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Stand and walk over 2/3 of the time.
• Reach with hands or arms over 2/3 of the time.
• Push against something, with steady force, using upper extremities to thrust forward, downward or outward; pull using upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion over 2/3 of the time.
• Perform repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and fingers; use hands and fingers to handle, feel or grasp; climb or balance between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl under 1/3 of the time.
• Speak or listen in person and over the phone and/or radio under 1/3 of the time.
• Sit and work at a computer terminal under 1/3 of the time.
• Lift between 10 and 50 pounds over 2/3 of the time.
• Lift 100 pounds or more under 1/3 of the time.
• Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
• Weather conditions such as sun, ice, snow, wind, dust, rain and humidity between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
• Hazards, moving vehicles and mechanical parts between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
• Extreme heat and cold, below 32 degrees and/or above 100 degrees, under 1/3 of the time.
• Risk of electrical shock and close proximity to electrical current under 1/3 of the time.
• High, precarious places under 1/3 of the time.
• Office or administrative environment under 1/3 of the time.
• Pets and pet dander while working in the pet friendly office.