- Front Range Marketing
- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
Full Time Benefits Package
Job Title: In-field Consumer Event Supervisor
Division/Dept: Marketing / Front Range
Reports To: Regional Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt – Base Plus Commission
WC Code: 9012
EEO Code: Sales Workers
SUMMARY: Oversees the execution of specific events to ensure the success of Breckenridge Grand Vacations' promotional campaigns by traveling to the event site, coordinating event workers and drawing in consumers to the data registration area to collect analytical data. This job requires extensive travel and overnight stays, some of which may be out of state.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
• Generate as many survey responses as possible by drawing individuals into the data registration area.
• Observe the overall spirit and mood of the event and make any necessary adjustments to ensure success of the event.
• Ensure events are adequately staffed; work with the Office Coordinator to adjust and post work schedules.
• Anticipate the need to secure and train independent contractors affirming a clear understanding of duties and responsibilities.
• Maintain and complete the "Event Dashboard" and any additional event responsibilities by the established deadline.
• Assist and oversee workers and resolve any problems or concerns; notify management team of any issues arising during the event and follow up appropriately.
• Communicate with the Logistics team to ensure correct set up at each event noting any special instructions; maintain and secure all equipment during and after event.
• Assist the Office Coordinator to obtain completed necessary paperwork from all independent contractors, including
W-9's, lead generation contracts and the declaration of independent contractor status forms.
• Prepare post event summary and comments in the "Event Dashboard" including questions for "what was right and wrong", "any suggested improvements", "staffing recommendations" or "budget suggestions".
• Review staffing after each event, verify contractor and staff hours and report to proper management; update the "Event Dashboard".
• Travel to and from events, staying overnight in a different town or state when required.
• Sort receipts, assign correct reimbursement code, enter into monthly expense report and submit to the manager for approval; send to the accounts payable clerk no later than the 20th of each month.
• Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Core Standards and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
• Be the "End of the Line" and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
• Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request always giving consideration to what the guest or owner deems appropriate.
• Respond promptly to all email and voicemail correspondence.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with guests, co-workers and vendors to satisfy their event related requests, always being helpful and courteous.
• Wear proper uniform and name badge and adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
• Attend and participate in training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participate in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Complete work in a timely manner and meet all deadlines * Give and receive feedback and ask for clarification when necessary * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner * Support the team's effort to succeed by giving and welcoming feedback, building morale and contributing a positive team spirit * Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while looking for ways to improve * Develop and communicate change effectively while monitoring transition and evaluating results * Stay informed on the company, ski resort and town developments and communicate to others when necessary * Strive to develop skills, sharing expertise with others * Use equipment and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and understanding of executing "Guerrilla Marketing" or experience with other creative sales strategies preferred.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Working knowledge of office equipment such as a copier, fax, scanner, phone and calculator as well as Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point). Ability to operate a personal computer and accurately record time worked in the correct department using the Company time keeping system.
CERTIFICATIONS and/or LICENSES: Valid driver's license and a clean motor vehicle record or another reliable mode of transportation to travel to event sites.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Well spoken and experienced in the art of persuasive conversation.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Stand for long periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle, feel or grasp, reach with hands and arms over 2/3 of the time.
• Walk between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
• Sit and work at a computer terminal, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance under 1/3 of the time.
• Speak and listen to individuals and co-workers in person over 2/3 of the time.
• Push against something, with force, using upper extremities to thrust forward, downward or outward under 1/3 of the time.
• Pull, using upper extremities, to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion under 1/3 of the time.
• Lift between 10 and 50 pounds under 2/3 of the time.
• Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
• Outdoor weather conditions such as sun, ice, snow, wind, dust, rain, heat or humidity over 2/3 of time.
• Office or administrative environment under 1/3 of the time.
• Moving mechanical parts and moving vehicles under 1/3 of the time.
• Moderate noise.