- Gold Point Housekeeping
- Breckenridge, CO, USA
- Full Time
Full Time Benefits Package
Job Title: Housekeeper
Division / Dept: Gold Point Resort Operations / Housekeeping
Reports To: Housekeeping Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
WC Code: 9015
EEO Code: Service Worker
SUMMARY: This position performs a variety of cleaning tasks to maintain the condos at the Gold Point Resort. Additionally, this position completes additional housekeeping services, maintains the housekeeping storage rooms, carts and equipment and completes seasonal deep cleaning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
- Check the housekeeping schedule for daily work assignment and clean assigned condos.
- Complete condo cleaning by 3:00pm and notify a manager or room quality supervisor if assistance is needed.
- Clean, disinfect, sanitize, restock and organize the kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms and living rooms, in the condos, by performing the following tasks and following the standard operating procedures. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Strip dirty towels and linens, sorting out any stained or ripped pieces.
- Make beds with clean linen.
- Replenish towels and fold to Company standards.
- Replace condo amenities to Gold Point standard.
- Wipe, scour, disinfect and/or sanitize appliances, cabinets, counters, doorknobs, drawers, handles, mirrors, sinks, toilets and walls.
- Load and unload the dishwasher.
- Vacuum and/or spot clean stains, hair or lint on furniture.
- Ensure furniture, decorations and window treatments are free of dust and grime and in the proper placement.
- Sweep, mop and vacuum floors.
- Collect, empty and transport trash, compost, and recycling.
- Utilize the correct cleaning agent for each cleaning task.
- Clean, disinfect, and sanitize common areas and hot tub rooms.
- Return to condos and correct tasks that aren't up to standards, when asked by a room quality supervisor or manager.
- Inform a manager or room quality supervisor of any maintenance issues, immediately.
- Perform additional housekeeping services, in occupied condos, by completing a variety of different cleaning, disinfecting, sanitizing, restocking and organizing tasks.
- Turn off lights and lock doors in the housekeeping storage areas and condos when not in use.
- Keep the housekeeping storage areas, carts, tools and caddies clean, sanitized and stocked with correct amount of inventory.
- Complete seasonal deep cleaning of the condos, following the seasonal deep cleaning procedures, within the time standard.
- Obtain assistance from a manager or room quality supervisor, as necessary, when trying to resolve challenges or requests from guests and owners.
- Assist other members of the housekeeping staff to ensure all daily work for the department is completed.
- Check with a manager or supervisor before leaving for the day to ensure daily workload is completed for the day.
- Perform special projects, as assigned.
- Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Culture and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all contacts, always being helpful and courteous.
- Wear proper uniform and name badge and adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
- Attend and participate in company-wide training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participate in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
- Operate mechanical machines such as a Utility Task Vehicle (UTV), safely and as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Provide exceptional service and anticipate needs * Monitor work to ensure quality * Give and receive feedback and ask for clarification when necessary * Treat people with respect and consideration * Be empowered to make GRAND vacations * Approach others in a tactful manner * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging * Support the team's effort to succeed * Ask for help and offer help when needed * Contribute to a positive team spirit * Strive to meet exemplary cleanliness scores * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Use equipment and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months related experience, or combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Ability to operate a personal computer to accurately record time worked, in the correct department, using the Company time keeping system. Ability to utilize appropriate programs using a mobile device.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Perform repetitive motions of the arms, elbows, wrists, hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, use hands and fingers to handle, feel or grasp over 2/3 of the time.
- Walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl over 2/3 of the time.
- Lift between 10 and 25 pounds over 2/3 of the time.
- Lift over 50 pounds between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Push using upper extremities to press with force to thrust forward, downward or outward between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Pull using upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Navigate a wheeled cart weighing up to 65 pounds between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Speak and listen to guests, owners and co-workers under 1/3 of the time.
- Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
- Outdoor weather conditions such as sun, ice, snow, wind, dust, rain and humidity between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Fumes or airborne particles between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Moving vehicles in the parking lot and/or garages under 1/3 of the time.
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather) under 1/3 of the time.
- Close quarters that could cause claustrophobia under 1/3 of the time.
- Pets and pet dander in and around the pet friendly resort.
- High altitude, high alpine and mountainous environment all of the time.
- Moderate noise.