- Owner Relations
- Breckenridge, CO, USA
- Full Time
Full Time Benefits Package
Job Title: Owner Support Specialist
Division/Dept: Resort Operations / Owner Relations Owner Support
Reports To: Owner Support Department Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
WC Code: 9012
EEO Code: Administrative Support Workers
SUMMARY: This position counsels Breckenridge Grand Vacation owners, over the phone and via email, on options to maximize their vacation ownership. This position primarily handles reservations for owner usage, bonus time, day use and tours but also assists with rental reservations and Interval International deposits. Additional responsibilities include assisting Club Members with lodging packages and tours, handling requests for rental contracts and selling ancillary packages relating to ground transportation and travel insurance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
- Advise owners about vacation ownership options, over the phone and via email, and act as a counselor to help maximize their ownership; provide clear, accurate, consistent and thorough information.
- Reserve owner usage, bonus time, day use, rentals and any other reservations-based booking.
- Book timeshare preview tours; set up tours in company software; fill out appropriate paperwork.
- Explain the Friends and Family Reward Program consistently to generate referrals.
- Assist Club Members with lodging packages, tours and all other aspects of their membership.
- Process and verify owner deposits for Interval International and coordinate with the Interval International Support Department.
- Handle requests from owners for rental contracts and ensure they are processed immediately and accurately.
- Sell ancillary packages relating to transportation and travel insurance to enhance and protect the vacation experience.
- Update all contact information, review ownership status and check for delinquency when speaking with owners.
- Identify each caller and use the owner or guest name throughout the conversation.
- Utilize scripts and webinars, quote appropriate policies and send confirmations.
- Obtain and enter a valid credit card number for all rental reservations.
- Document guest and owner requests and pertinent interactions thoroughly, in the notes of the computer software.
- Pursue monthly rental goals and utilize sales and closing techniques learned in training.
- Maintain and manage assigned projects; be proactive in the design and implementation of systems to complete the projects; take the initiative to make the projects successful; submit monthly measureable results if required.
- Respond to and complete received audits within 24 hours.
- Work towards and contribute to the department conversion goal of renters to tours.
- Maintain maximum availability on the phone and strive to meet department phone goals.
- Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Culture, Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
- Be the "End of the Line" and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
- Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request always giving consideration to what the guest or owner deems appropriate.
- Strive to close the loop (alleviate or eliminate issues) on any situations that cannot be fully resolved.
- Respond promptly to all email and voicemail correspondence.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all contacts, always being helpful and courteous.
- Adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
- Attend and participate in company-wide training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participating in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Must be able to process a high volume of work accurately and in a timely manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Treat people with respect and consideration * Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of all computer programs and product knowledge applicable to the position * Strive to build knowledge and skills, sharing expertise with others * Stay informed on the company, home department, ski resort, timeshare industry and town developments and communicate to others * Handle all situations to the best of ability and in a timely manner * Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills * Demonstrate effective listening skills, patience and attentiveness * Use positive language * Communicate clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging * Be professional and a good representative of Breckenridge Grand Vacations * Be empowered to make GRAND vacations * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Be open to and encourage suggestions for improvement * Give feedback and ask for clarification and additional training when necessary * Approach others in a tactful manner * Support the team's effort to succeed by giving and welcoming feedback, building morale and contributing to a positive team spirit * Use equipment and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel). Ability to operate office machines (copier, fax, scanner, phone, calculator). Ability to type by touch, operate a personal computer and accurately record time worked, in the correct department, using the Company time keeping system. Knowledge of the internet and ability to navigate it.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English. Ability to read and interpret business correspondence, instructions, job descriptions, memos, periodicals, procedures, professional journals, routine reports, rules and schedules. Ability to write business correspondence, procedures and routine reports. Ability to speak effectively, present information and respond to questions from guests, owners, managers and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to calculate figures and amounts relating to commissions, discounts, interest, percentages and rates using units of American money.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit and work at a computer terminal and perform repetitive motions of the elbows, wrists, hands and fingers over 2/3 of the time.
- Use hands and fingers to feel and grasp over 2/3 of the time.
- Speak and listen over the telephone and in person over 2/3 of the time.
- Reach with arms under 1/3 of the time.
- Stand, walk, stoop or crouch under 1/3 of the time.
- Push or pull using upper extremities under 1/3 of the time.
- Lift between 10 and 25 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
- Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
- Office or administrative environment over 2/3 of the time.
- Close quarters, cubicle environment.
- Pets and pet dander when in contact with pet friendly locations around the company.
- Moderate noise.