- Grand Colorado on Peak 8 Ownership Gallery
- Breckenridge, CO, USA
- Full Time
Full Time Benefits Package
Job Title: Babysitter
Division/Dept: Sales / Grand Colorado on Peak 8 Ownership Gallery
Reports To: Sales Administrative Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
WC Code: 9015
EEO Code: Service Worker
SUMMARY: This position provides quality babysitting services for clients touring at Breckenridge Grand Vacations properties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Included but not limited to:
- Babysit the children of tour guests while they attend the tour and sales presentation and ensure the safety of the children at all times.
- Occupy and entertain the children with age appropriate games, toys, movies, coloring books, etc.
- Give the children 100% undivided attention.
- Provide distractions and calming methods, when necessary, so parents may complete their tour without interruptions.
- Report any unsafe or potentially unsafe conditions to the Administrative Manager and follow the safety precautions in the children's area.
- Complete administrative duties such as signing children in and recording their name, age and any special needs.
- Record and release children back to their parents.
- Open and close the children's area.
- Clean and stock the children's and front desk areas.
- Put away toys, DVDs and books.
- Sanitize toys.
- Dispose of trash.
- Restock snacks, coffee, soda and water.
- Work on projects assigned by the Administrative Manager or Sales Gallery Front Desk Staff.
- Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Core Standards and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
- Be the "End of the Line" and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
- Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request always giving consideration to what the guest or owner deems appropriate.
- Respond promptly to all email and voicemail correspondence.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all contacts, always being helpful and courteous.
- Wear proper uniform and name badge and adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
- Attend and participate in training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participating in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions * Use equipment and materials properly * Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Be empowered to make GRAND vacations * Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of all knowledge applicable to the position * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Give and receive feedback and ask for clarification when necessary * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner * Support the team's effort to succeed by giving and welcoming feedback, building morale and contributing to a positive team spirit
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Ability to operate a personal computer and accurately record time worked in the correct department using the Company time keeping system. Ability to operate basic office equipment such as copier, fax, scanner, phone and calculator.
CERTIFICATIONS and/or LICENSES: CPR / First Aid Certification or First Aid Babysitter Certification preferred.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit and stand between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Speak and listen between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Use hands and fingers to handle, feel or grasp between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Reach with hands and arms and perform repetitive motions of the arms, wrists, hands and fingers under 1/3 of the time.
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance under 1/3 of the time.
- Push against something, with force, using upper extremities to thrust forward, downward or outward under 1/3 of the time.
- Pull using upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion under 1/3 of the time.
- Sit at a computer terminal under 1/3 of the time to check work email.
- Lift a 5 gallon water bottle, weighing 50 pounds, and insert it into the dispenser daily and as needed.
- Lift between 10 and 50 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
- Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
- Pets and pet dander in and around the pet friendly resort.
- Office or administrative environment, not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions over 2/3 of the time.
- Moderate noise.