- Grand Lodge on Peak 7 Housekeeping
- Breckenridge, CO, USA
- Part Time
Part Time Benefits Package
Job Title: Housekeeper
Division/Dept: Grand Lodge on Peak 7 / Housekeeping
Reports To: Housekeeping Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt – Hourly Position
WC Code: 9015
EEO Code: Service Worker
SUMMARY: This position performs a variety of cleaning tasks to maintain the units at the Grand Timber Lodge. Additionally this position completes additional housekeeping services, keeps the housekeeping storage rooms, carts and equipment in clean and working order, and completes seasonal deep cleaning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
• Receive the housekeeping schedule, for daily work assignment, and clean assigned units.
• Complete unit cleaning by 3:30PM and notify a manager or inspector if assistance is needed to meet the deadline.
• Clean, disinfect, restock, and tidy the kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms, and living rooms, in the units, by performing the following tasks and using the checklist:
• Strip dirty towels and linens, sorting out any stained or ripped pieces.
• Make beds and replenish towels, linens and amenities.
• Wipe, scour and sanitize counters, sinks and toilets.
• Load and unload the dishwasher.
• Vacuum and/or spot clean stains, hair or lint on furniture.
• Ensure furniture, decorations and window treatments are free of dust and grime and in the proper placement.
• Sweep, mop and vacuum floors.
• Collect, empty and transport trash, compost and recycling.
• Utilize the correct cleaning agent for each cleaning task.
• Leave the completed housekeeping checklist on the counter in the finished unit and return after inspection to perform any necessary redo's.
• Notate any maintenance issues on completed checklist.
• Perform additional housekeeping services, in occupied units, by completing a variety of different cleaning, disinfecting, restocking and tidying tasks.
• Turn off lights and lock doors in the housekeeping storage areas when not in use.
• Keep the housekeeping storage areas, carts and cleaning caddies well stocked.
• Refill all chemical bottles using the proper dilution system and ensure they are properly labeled per OSHA regulation.
• Keep assigned vacuum secured to cleaning cart, when not in use, and return it to storage area at the end of the day.
• Complete seasonal deep cleaning of the units, using the checklist, in the Spring and Fall.
• Obtain assistance from a manager or inspector, as necessary, when trying to resolve challenges or requests.
• Assist other members of the housekeeping staff to ensure all daily work for the department is completed.
• Check with a manager or supervisor before leaving for the day to ensure daily workload is completed for the day.
• Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Core Standards and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with guests, owners, and co-workers to satisfy their Housekeeping related requests, always being helpful and courteous.
• Wear proper uniform and name badge and adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
• Attend and participate in training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participate in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Monitor work to ensure quality * Give and receive feedback and ask for clarification when necessary * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging with guests or owners * Support the team's effort to succeed * Ask for help and offer help when needed * Contribute to a positive team spirit * Strive to meet exemplary cleanliness scores * Use equipment and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months related experience, or combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Ability to operate a personal computer while accurately recording time worked in the correct department using the Company time keeping system.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Perform repetitive motions of the arms, elbows, wrists, hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or grasp over 2/3 of the time.
• Walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl over 2/3 of the time.
• Lift between 10 and 25 pounds over 2/3 of the time.
• Push with steady force, using upper extremities, to thrust forward, downward or outward between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
• Pull using upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects for between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
• Navigate a wheeled housekeeping cart weighing up to 200 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
• Speak and listen to guests, owners and co-workers under 1/3 of the time.
• Lift up to 50 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
• Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
• Fumes or airborne particles for between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
• Moving vehicles in the parking lot and/or garages under 1/3 of the time.
• Wet or humid conditions (non-weather) under 1/3 of the time.
• Close quarters that could cause claustrophobia under 1/3 of the time.
• Pets and pet dander in and around the pet friendly resort.
• Moderate noise.