- Soothe Spa at Grand Lodge on Peak 7
- Breckenridge, CO, USA
- Part Time
Part Time Benefits Package
Job Title: Spa Concierge
Division / Dept: GL7 Resort Operations / Soothe Spa
Reports To: Spa Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
WC Code: 9063
EEO Code: Administrative Support Workers
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for scheduling appointments, promoting products and services, tracking inventory, maintaining the cleanliness of the spa common areas and providing exceptional customer service to all spa guests. This position also reconciles spa receipts including cash payments, credit card transactions and room charges, at the end of each shift, ensuring the daily shift report balances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
- Assist spa guests with making appointments, checking in and out and answering their questions.
- Reconcile spa receipts (cash payments, credit card transactions and room charges) and complete a daily shift report at the end of each shift to ensure all transactions balance.
- Troubleshoot and/or ask for assistance to resolve any discrepancies.
- Inspect grotto area for cleanliness throughout shift and enforce policies as required. Replenish pool towels and cold towels as needed.
- Replenish gym towels in fitness area and place a fresh towel on cardio equipment throughout the day as needed.
- Enforce fitness center policies as needed.
- Inspect the locker rooms for dirty laundry and restock amenities as needed. Transport dirty robes to the dirty linen closet.
- Promote the spa treatments, services, sessions and retail items and programs, specials and/or discounts available.
- Assist with social media efforts.
- Keep all areas of the spa clean and presentable.
- Stock guest amenities and remove dirty linens from the common areas.
- Assist in retail area inventory, stocking levels and merchandising.
- Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Culture, Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
- Be the "End of the Line" and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
- Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request always giving consideration to what the spa guests deem appropriate.
- Strive to close the loop (alleviate or eliminate issues) on any situations that cannot be fully resolved.
- Respond promptly to all email and voicemail correspondence.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all contacts, always being helpful and courteous.
- Wear proper uniform and name badge and adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
- Attend and participate in company-wide training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participate in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of all spa products, services and computer programs * Demonstrate strong listening skills and possess the ability to receive all types of customer feedback * Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Be empowered to make GRAND vacations * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Give and receive feedback and ask for clarification when necessary * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging * Support the team's effort to succeed by giving and welcoming feedback, building morale and contributing a positive team spirit * Stay informed on the company, home department, ski resort and town developments and communicate to others when necessary * Strive to build knowledge and skills, sharing expertise with others * Use equipment and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) with a minimum of one year use of these programs. Basic knowledge of office equipment such as copier, fax, scanner, phone and calculator. Must be familiar with search engines and navigating the internet. Ability to type by touch, operate a personal computer and accurately record time worked, in the correct department, using the Company time keeping system.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English. Ability to read and interpret business correspondence, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures. Ability to write business correspondence and speak effectively before spa guests, outside vendors, other employees of the organization and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Sit and work at a computer workstation (using mouse and keyboard) over 2/3 of the time.
- Perform repetitive motions of the arms (elbows, wrists, hands and fingers) over 2/3 of the time.
- Use hands and fingers to touch, handle, feel or grasp over 2/3 of the time.
- Speak and listen over the telephone and in person over 2/3 of the time.
- Stand and walk between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl under 1/3 of the time.
- Push with force, using upper extremities, to thrust forward, downward or outward under 1/3 of the time.
- Pull using upper extremities, to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects under 1/3 of the time.
- Lift between 10 25 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
- Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
- Spa, office and administrative environment over 2/3 of the time.
- Fumes from aromatherapy oils and body scrubs over 2/3 of the time.
- Hazardous chemicals over 2/3 of the time.
- Pets and pet dander in and around the pet friendly resort.
- Moderate noise.