- Grand Timber Lodge Front Desk
- Breckenridge, CO, USA
- Full Time
Full Time Benefits Package
Job Title: Front Desk Associate in Training
Division/Dept: Grand Timber Lodge / Guest Services
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt – Hourly Position
WC Code: 9012
EEO Code: Administrative Support
SUMMARY: This position provides front line customer service to resort owners and guests and is responsible for front desk tasks such as registering guests, responding to phone inquiries, assisting with guest requests, changing room assignments and upholding resort policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Included but not limited to:
• Greet guests; register and assign rooms and assist with all inquiries pertaining to resort services, registration, shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
• Inform guests and owners of important information on the resort and ensure they visit the concierge desk.
• Respond to guest and owner inquiries regarding reservations and use of ownership.
• Assist guests and owners with making all types of reservations.
• Act as Resort telephone operator and answer the switchboard phone as needed.
• Verify accuracy of guest room folios and make necessary corrections; interact with Night Auditor as needed.
• Ensure that both Housekeeping and Maintenance are informed of daily arrivals and departures, as well as any same day reservations and ensure units are properly locked off for arriving guests.
• Insert all tasks for Housekeeping and Maintenance into company software program and assist Housekeeping and Maintenance in understanding the notes regarding room moves, special cleans, maintenance issues and guest and owner requests.
• Maintain and manage various projects; be proactive in the design and implementation of systems to complete the project; take the initiative to make the project successful; submit monthly measureable results.
• Foster strong cross department communication and synergy.
• Enforce Resort policies, as needed, following Resort protocol.
• Cross-train with the Activities Desk and Night Audit; cover and assist as needed.
• Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Core Standards and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
• Be the "End of the Line" and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
• Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request always giving consideration to what the guest or owner deems appropriate.
• Strive to close the loop (alleviate or eliminate issues) on any situations that cannot be fully resolved.
• Respond promptly to all email and voicemail correspondence.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with guests, owners, co-workers and vendors to satisfy their front desk related requests, always being helpful and courteous.
• Wear proper uniform and name badge and adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
• Attend and participate in training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
• Wear radio and ear piece when necessary to remain in contact with the Housekeeping and Maintenance departments.
• Assist with guest luggage as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participating in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of all computer programs and product knowledge applicable to the position * Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Be empowered to make GRAND vacations * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Give and receive feedback and ask for clarification when necessary * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner * Communicate clearly and persuasively in positive
or negative situations and diffuse escalated interactions * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging * Balance team and individual responsibilities * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Support the team's effort to succeed by giving and welcoming feedback, building morale and contributing to a positive team spirit * Stay informed on the company, home property, ski resort and town developments and communicate to others when necessary * Strive to build knowledge and skills, sharing expertise with others * Use equipment and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: One year certificate from college or technical school, three to six months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to complete Skills Test Level 1 at 60 days from hire date.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel). Ability to type by touch, operate a personal computer and accurately record time worked, in the correct department, using the Company time keeping system.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Stand for particularly long periods of time over 2/3 of the time.
• Speak and listen to guests, owners, co-workers and vendors over the telephone and in person over 2/3 of the time.
• Perform repetitive motions of the arms, wrists, hands and fingers; use hands and fingers to handle, feel or grasp; reach with hands or arms; work on the computer keyboard over 2/3 of the time.
• Walk between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
• Sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance under 1/3 of the time.
• Push against something, with steady force, using upper extremities to thrust forward, downward or outward under 1/3 of the time.
• Pull using upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion under 1/3 of the time.
• Lift between 10 and 25 pounds between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
• Lift between 50 and 100 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
• Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
• Office or administrative environment, not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions over 2/3 of the time.
• Close quarters, narrow aisles, passageways and other areas that could cause claustrophobia between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
• Outdoor weather conditions such as sun, ice, snow, wind, dust, rain and humidity under 1/3 of the time.
• Extreme cold, below 32 degrees, for periods of more than 1 hour under 1/3 of the time.
• Moving mechanical parts or moving vehicles under 1/3 of the time.
• Fumes and airborne particles under 1/3 of the time.
• Pets and pet dander in and around the pet friendly resort.
• Moderate noise.